- This event has passed.
Spring Winemaking 101 Course (Class 1 of 6)
04/08/2019 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm$185
Want to Make Wine?
Stonefield Cellars hosts two Winemaking Courses per year (in the spring, and in the fall) taught by Robert E. M. Wurz, Ph.D.
In six classes over 9 weeks, this course covers the full winemaking process: from fermentation to bottling. Learn techniques to start or improve your own home winemaking while creating your own wine during class in small teams of 2-4 & hone your wine evaluation skills with classes on sensory evaluation training and food and wine pairing.
Spring 2019 Course Dates & Times:
Mondays 7:00-9:00 pm in the Stonefield Cellars Production Room.
- April 15th: Introduction – Basics of fermentation and winemaking.
- April 22nd: Principles of Winemaking – Racking, barrels, oak alternatives, tannins. Wines of the world.
- April 29th: Wine sensory evaluation. Food and wine pairing.
- May 20th: Defects and Problems: Causes and remedies, fining agents, additives, filtering.
- June 3rd: Blending, tasting panel, and bottling preparations.
- June 10th: Bottling, Labeling, Wrap-up, Exam.
Provided: All winemaking materials, detailed winemaking notes, snacks, and 3 bottles of wine bottled by the class.
Must be at least 21 years old to participate.
Class size limited to 16 people.
Additional Class Wine will be available for $13.95 per Bottle.
Registration: Tickets Available Below for Online Registration. To Register Over the Phone, call Sarah at 336-644-9908 during regular business hours. You can also Email Sarah at email@example.com with any additional questions.
Robert E. M. Wurz, Ph.D. – Robert is a native of Napa Valley, CA. He received his doctorate in wine chemistry from the University of California, Davis. He has taught wine making classes at Patrick Henry Community College in Virginia, at Stonefield Cellars Winery in Stokesdale, NC, and is currently the winemaker for Stonefield Cellars Winery in Stokesdale, NC.
Check out our Google Calendar below!