Stonefield Cellars is OPEN for business and are now able to resume offering wine tastings and consumption of beverages and food on site!
SPECIAL NOTICE REGARDING SAFETY during the age of COVID19: While Stonefield Cellars Staff is taking a multitude of measures to keep the winery environment clean during your visit, we have also modified our wine tasting experience in order to enhance staff and guest safety.
- We will not be conducting tastings at the tasting bar, but instead will offer self-guided wine flights for consumption at indoor or outdoor tables that comply with the 6 ft safe distancing requirements. A ‘wine tasting’ will consist of your choice of 7 wines poured by our staff into disposable cups presented on a tray along with your souvenir wine glass; a detailed description of each wine will be provided on a disposable tasting sheet. **Please note that we can only accommodate groups of 5 guests or less for wine tastings, and we start our last tasting at 5:30 pm.** As we cannot host tastings for large groups at this time, groups of 6-10 guests may purchase bottles or glasses of wine to enjoy on our outdoor patio and guests may try a complimentary taste of their chosen wine before purchasing. Please call the winery at 336-644-9908 to make a reservation if you have a group of 6 or more or would like an event rental consultation. Also, with COVID19 restrictions, indoor seating is currently limited to 1 table (seats four). During inclement weather it is advised to reserve your table in advance to assure we can accommodate you. Inside table seating is restricted to 1 hour occupancy.
In addition to this new wine tasting procedure, we ask that you take personal responsibility for following these Safe Practices against exposure to or inadvertently spreading of COVID19 during your visit:
- Face Coverings are now a State Wide Mandate. Wear a face covering while inside the winery building while you are shopping or ordering tasting choices. Wear your face covering outside during interactions with others that are not in your safe bubble (family/friends you came with). Stonefield Cellars will be glad to deliver your wine to your car if you are unable to wear a face covering. Call us to place your order in advance, pay via credit card, and call us when you arrive for curbside delivery.
- Wait –
- Please make note of our 6 ft floor markings for the wait line inside the winery building; these spots are your place marker to wait your turn to approach the bar for placing orders/paying for items.
- Due to our restricted indoor space we can only accommodate ONE table (seats up to 4) in our tasting room and will be putting a one hour time limit on this indoor seating. We recommend that this table be reserved in advance – please call the winery at 336-644-9908.
- If you do not plan to do a tasting but would like to purchase wine to enjoy on our patio or for taking home, just come to the tasting room to place your order, or you have the option to preorder/prepay using our “shop for pickup” feature on our website prior to arriving at the winery – www.stonefieldcellars.com/shop. We will have your beverages ready for an expedient pickup at the bar when you arrive. If you need some guidance on your purchase before you buy – no problem! We can help you over the phone or can still help you in person at the winery – our staff will be wearing masks and we have safety shields in place for assistance interactions.
- Please also respect a 6ft distance even outdoors between you and others not in your safe bubble (family/friends you came with). Tables and chairs have been spaced 6ft or more apart – please do not alter this spacing. If you need additional chairs or tables for your group (no more than 10 allowed per group), ask a staff member for assistance.
- Wash – Even though we sanitize commonly touched items often (e.g., our email sign up pen, cash register pad), hand sanitizer will be provided at these areas for your use. And of course, please wash your hands immediately after using our restroom.
Your patronage is vital to our small business and we are still committed to providing you with high quality wine and exceptional customer service during this rough time. Additionally, we will be offering in-store and parking lot pickup at the winery:
-For in-store pickup and payment you can visit us during our regular business hours and order in store, or call in your order ahead of time at 336-644-9908.
-For parking lot pickup you can purchase your wines over the phone at 336-644-9908 (please have your credit card handy when you call) or purchase your wines online at www.stonefieldcellars.com/shop.
Once your order has been placed we’ll have your wine bagged up and ready for pickup (or delivery to your car – please call us at 336-644-9908 when you get to our parking lot).
SPECIAL NOTICE: While Stonefield Cellars is currently still OPEN for business, we are aware of the impact that COVID-19 is having on our community. Stonefield Cellars prioritizes the health and safety of our guests and staff and want to reassure you that, in addition to our standard sanitization and good hygiene practices, we are taking extra steps to keep everyone safe during this time of concern. Please do your part to wear your mask and keep a 6ft distance!
Tastings are conducted during our normal business hours (Thursday – Saturday Noon – 6pm, and Sunday 1-6pm) . Our current Tasting price is $12.50 (7 wines from our list & a signature wine glass)
Tours are currently postponed due to COVID-19.
Our Wine List
All of Stonefield Cellars’ wines are produced on site- from crushing and pressing to aging and bottling. We grow about an acre of our grapes on site while the rest are brought in from local vineyards and family farms, including a few from the Yadkin Valley region.
Please note that this list is dynamic – several of our small batch wines sell out and we try to keep this list as up to date as possible. If you want to be sure we have a particular wine still available before you visit, feel free to call us! 336-644-9908.
- 2016 Pinot Gris (Non-oaked, aged in a neutral barrel)
- Chardonnay (Semi-oaked)
- Mountain Mama Madness White (Non-oaked Chardonnay) Silver Medal Winner!
- Dry Moscato
- Synchronicity (Blend of 80% Merlot & 20% Cab Sav)
- Dread Pirate Robert’s Bloody Red Wine (Bold blend of Syrah, Cab Sav, and Carmenère)
- 2017 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Gato Merlot
- Mountain Mama Madness Red (Fruit-forward blend of Merlot, Syrah, Cab Sav) Silver Medal Winner!
Reserve Dry Reds:
- Petit Sirah
- 2017 Zinfandel
- 2019 Zinfandel
- SC.CS (90% Cab Sav & 10% Merlot)
- Riesling (off-dry)
- Midnight Moonlight (Semi-sweet blend of Riesling, Viognier, and Moscato)
- BellaSelena (Semi-sweet Blush)
- Blush (Sweet Traminette) Wine Club Exclusive!*
- Ruby Rock Red (Sweet red Petite Sirah)
- Amber Iris (Sweet WHite Dessert Wine)
- Vin De Narle’ (Port-Style Dessert Wine)
*Please see our Wine Club page for information on exclusive Wine Club vintages!
Beer & Cider
We carry a small selection of North Carolina Craft Beer & Cider for sale by the bottle in our Tasting Room for non-wine drinkers. We carry beers from Natty Greene’s, Hi-Wire, Green Man, White Street, Sierra Nevada, and cider from Bold Rock! We now also carry bottled Bud Light and Shock Top. If you’re interested in our current beer menu please call us at 336-644-9908 during business hours.
As we do not host a restaurant on site, we carry assorted cheeses, crackers, peanuts, and non-alcoholic drinks for sale in our tasting room. Outside food is allowed in small quantities (such as lunchboxes or a picnic lunch), but we ask that you leave the smelly, aromatic foods at home if you’ll be eating in our tasting room. No outside food is allowed during our special events with food trucks.
Mama Laura’s Handmade Chocolates
We also carry a selection of Mama Laura’s Handmade Chocolates from Trinity, NC in our tasting room! These are some of the best chocolates in North Carolina and pair wonderfully with Stonefield Cellars wine (our staff is always happy to provide wine & chocolate pairing suggestions). If you’re interested in what we currently carry, or want to make sure we have something in stock, please call us at 336-644-9908 during business hours.