Stonefield Cellars is OPEN for business and are now able to resume offering wine tastings and consumption of beverages and food on site!
SPECIAL NOTICE REGARDING SAFETY during the age of COVID19: While Stonefield Cellars Staff is taking a multitude of measures to keep the winery environment clean during your visit, we have also modified our wine tasting experience in order to enhance staff and guest safety.
- We will not be conducting tastings at the tasting bar, but instead will offer self-guided wine flights for consumption at indoor or outdoor tables that comply with the 6 ft safe distancing requirements. A ‘wine tasting’ will consist of your choice of 7 wines poured by our staff into disposable cups presented on a tray along with your souvenir wine glass; a detailed description of each wine will be provided on a disposable tasting sheet. You can order your wine selection at the bar and then take it to your table. **Please note that we start our last tasting at 5:30 pm.** We conduct tasting and tours as folks arrive, so no appointment is necessary unless you have a group of 6 or more or would like an event rental consultation. Also, with COVID19 restrictions, indoor seating is currently limited to 1 table (seats four). During inclement weather it is advised to reserve your table in advance to assure we can accommodate you. Inside table seating is restricted to 1 hour occupancy.
In addition to this new wine tasting procedure, we expect each visitor to follow these Safe Practices against exposure to or inadvertently spreading of COVID19 during your visit:
- Wear a face covering while on our property, whether indoors or outside. You do not have to wear your mask while actively drinking or eating. Face coverings are now required as per NC Executive Order.
- Wait –
- Please make note of our 6 ft floor markings for the wait line inside the winery building; these spots are your place marker to wait your turn to approach the bar for placing orders/paying for items.
- Due to our restricted indoor space we can only accommodate one table in our tasting room and will be putting a one hour time limit on this indoor seating. If you would like to reserve this indoor table for up to 4 guests please call the winery at 336-644-9908.
- If you do not plan to do a tasting but would like to purchase wine to enjoy on our patio or for taking home, just come to the tasting room to place your order, or you have the option to preorder/prepay using our “shop for pickup” feature on our website prior to arriving at the winery – www.stonefieldcellars.com/shop. We will have your beverages ready for an expedient pickup at the bar when you arrive. If you need some guidance on your purchase before you buy – no problem! We can help you over the phone or can still help you in person at the winery – our staff will be wearing masks and we have safety shields in place for assistance interactions.
- Please also respect a 6ft distance even outdoors between you and others not in your safe bubble (family/friends you came with). Tables and chairs have been spaced 6ft or more apart – please do not alter this spacing. If you need additional chairs or tables for your group (no more than 10 allowed per group), ask a staff member for assistance.
- Wash – Even though we sanitize commonly touched items often (e.g., our email sign up pen, cash register pad), hand sanitizer will be provided at these areas for your use. And of course, please wash your hands immediately after using our restroom.
Looking for a wonderful wine and winery experience?
“Great wine, great people, the best in North Carolina!” – Just one of the many accolades that Stonefield Cellars receives from guests that have visited our NC winery. Conveniently located just north of Greensboro in the small town of Stokesdale, we offer award winning wines and exceptional customer service!
*REGULAR HOURS: Our Tasting Room is open Thursday, Friday, and Saturday Noon – 6pm, and Sunday 1-6pm. Our last wine tasting starts at 5:30pm. If you are coming with a group of 6 or more people, please call ahead so that we can accommodate you (336-644-9908).
Want to have a party at the winery? Due to Covid19, we are not currently renting our facility for private parties. If you are interested in long range planning (2021), our Barrel Room and other property areas may be available for private party rental – see our Private Parties Page.
Property Polices: To ensure the best experience for all of our guests we do not allow smoking or dogs on our property, and we ask that patrons do not wear perfume for visits to our tasting room. For more information please check out our Property Policies Page.
Inclement Weather Policy: We rarely close due to inclement weather, but if we do, we will post it here and on Facebook. We want you to be safe, so please use good judgement whenever you consider traveling during inclement weather. You are always welcomed to call us to inquire on the status of conditions in our specific location, Stokesdale, NC.
|Stonefield Cellars Winery has been featured on UNC-TV’s NC Weekend Show!
You can watch us at minute 15:15 – HERE! For a video of our onsite bottling process click HERE!