Halloween Costume Weekend
10-28-2021 @ 12:00 pm - 10-31-2021 @ 6:00 pm
This year the Pirates of Port Royale will be taking over Stonefield Cellars Winery for a whole weekend of costumed fun!
Rain or Shine. Open Oct. 28, 29, 30th from 12-6pm & Oct. 31st from 1-6pm!
- For Halloween weekend our winery will be decked out in full pirate regalia, and we encourage guests to dress for the occasion in their best renaissance/fantasy/pirate costumes! We’ll have Prize Raffles, Wine & Candy Pairings, a Pirate-themed Selfie Booth, and plenty of good cheer. This free event is family friendly, but please make sure children are supervised at all times.
COVID Safety Rules:
- Wear: Face Coverings are required inside the winery building (shopping or using the restrooms)!
-You DO NOT have to wear a Face Covering while Outside.
- Wait: Please make note of our 6 ft floor markings for the wait line inside the winery building; these spots are your place marker to wait your turn to approach the bar for placing orders/paying for items. Make sure you stay 6ft away from others not in your ‘safe bubble’ while seated on our terraced lawn.
- Wash: Even though we sanitize commonly touched items often (e.g., our email sign up pen, cash register pad), hand sanitizer will be provided at these areas for your use. And of course, please wash your hands before leaving our restroom.
Cost: No admission fee.
Venue: Stonefield Cellars Winery is located at 8220 HWY 68 N, Stokesdale, NC. Check out our Location Page for more details.
- Winery Tasting Room: You can order beverages at the bar (see drinks below) as well as purchase our locally-made wine by the bottle to take home. Bathrooms are located inside the tasting room.
- Patio and Garden: Our patio and garden area has bistro and picnic tables for guests enjoying wine & food.
- Front Lawn: Available for guests to set up lawn chairs and blankets.
Drinks: Wine by the glass & bottle, Beer, and Non-Alcoholic beverages will be available for purchase at the Tasting Room bar.
- Self-guided Wine & Candy Pairings, consisting of 7 wines paired with 5 candies & a souvenir glass, will be available for $17.50 until 5pm each day; we highly recommend pre-purchasing tickets as we will only offer them while supplies last. Click a day to be taken to the Ticket Event Page: Thursday 10/28, Friday 10/29, Saturday 10/30, Sunday 10/31.
Food: As we do not host a restaurant on site we carry Izzy’s Eats Wine Pairing Cheese Plates & Picnic Boxes, assorted cheeses, crackers, peanuts, and non-alcoholic drinks for sale in our tasting room. Outside food is allowed in small quantities (such as lunchboxes or a picnic lunch).
Dress Code: Costumes are encouraged! We would love to see your favorite renaissance/fantasy/pirate costumes in action, but non-fantasy costumes are welcome too. This event is held outdoors, rain or shine, so dress for the weather. In case of rain we have cover seating areas and additional covered tents. No clothing with written obscenities, violent or sexual images, excessively revealing or transparent fabrics, or offensive symbols. Shirts, shoes and masks are required.
Prop Weapons: Costume blades of any type (swords, daggers, axes, spear heads and arrow heads) must be blunted, properly sheathed, and peace tied with red twine or ribbon at all times. Arrows are to remain tied together and tied inside the quiver. Prop and/or replica firearms having any capability of launching projectiles and/or making sounds of gunfire are not permitted. Prop crossbows having any capability of launching projectiles are not permitted. All prop weapons may be subject to staff inspection.
Seating: We will have bistro tables and chairs as well as picnic tables available on our patio and garden for guest seating. Guests are welcome to bring lawn chairs and blankets to space out and sit on the front lawn. No inside seating is available for this event.
Payment Options: Cash and Credit Cards are accepted in the Tasting Room. There is no ATM on site, but there is a CashPoints ATM located 3 minutes away at 8302 Belews Creek Rd Suite D, Stokesdale, NC 27357.
Age Restrictions: This is a family friendly event, but please make sure children are supervised at all times as many parts of our Renaissance Pirate Decor are real and fragile!
Property Policies: No outside alcohol. No Pets allowed. No Smoking. No open carry or concealed carry firearms of any type.
Check out our Google Calendar below!